Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

You Say Rissolli - They Say Rissole

Russ,
I found several rissolli recipes - only they spell it rissole.  Does this count?  A rose is a rose is a meatball.  So I don't need to invent a new dish.

Wouldn't you know, I've been making them for years - it's my family's basic meatball recipe, (which I've already done with turkey).  In some of the versions, they include various minced veggies like carrots in addition to the onion and herbs we use.  Here's one recipe, gleaned from the net, that's most like my meatballs or meatloaf, just make into patties and cook up in a skillet.  In summer, we put them on the grill and serve them on buns.

  • lbs mincemeat (ground beef)
  • eggs
  • medium onion (chopped finely)
  • cup breadcrumbs (you may need more)  (I use dried bread, moistened)
  • 1/3 cup tomato sauce (ketchup) (No, I don't think so)
  • tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (No, I don't think so)
  • tablespoon finely chopped garlic
  • tablespoon dried herbs (or fresh mixed herbs such as sage, parsley, thyme or what ever you have in the garden) (Definitely fresh or frozen parsley and fresh or frozen basil)
  • salt & freshly ground black pepper
  • teaspoon mustard powder  (No, I don't think so)
  • tablespoons plain flour, for dusting the rissoles (Who needs it?)
  • tablespoons oil for frying, you may need more oil.

1 comment:

Russ Manley said...

Hahahahaha, OMG you mean it's a real word, real recipe? Too funny.

Sounds mighty good though. But hey, how the hell do you grill them little meatballs, don't they fall through the slots?