Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Monday, January 10, 2011

Not Dinner but ...Morning Glory


Always on the lookout for a bargain, I discovered this item at our local Discount Food Outlet.  Sticky Fingers Bakery Morning Glory Muffin mix. $1.48, makes six large muffins.  OK, the expiry date is 2/23/11 but what's to expire?  I went back and bought 10 more.  They're that good.

I won't buy just any baking pre-mix.  Sometimes I'll settle for something less than "all natural" if I really need a quick brownie or a chocolate cake.  Usually I'll make from scratch so there's no transfat or artificial ingredients or high fructose corn syrup.  If it's a muffin mix, I end up "doctoring" by adding raisins or nuts or fruit. 

No need with these muffins.  The ingredients are "all natural" and include raisins, carrots, coconut, sunflower seeds, natural vanilla, spices.  Just add 1 cup of water, 1 egg and a third cup of vegetable oil.  Bake.  It keeps the house warm.

Probably won't be making dinner tonight ... maybe a can of soup or a grilled cheese ... we have puppy training class and gotta be out by 6:15. 

No comments: