Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Pork Roast With a Future

Tonight I made a pork roast - an inexpensive shoulder roast - and it was deliciously garlicky with roasted potatoes, carrots and onions and red wine.  Salt and pepper.  Get the garlic inside the roast by making slits all over the roast and filling with a clove of garlic or chopped garlic.  

Serve with the pan roasted veggies and a side of sweet potato.  Bread rolls to soak up the juices.  

But the destiny of this roast pork is to become the main meat flavoring for tomorrows tomato sauce.  Among Rhode Island Italian Americans and perhaps others in the Northeast, "gravy" is a term synonymous with tomato meat sauce.  It makes some sense because all those good juices, the "gravy" gets added to the sauce along with the leftover pork, some Italian sausage, and meatballs.  More on that tomorrow.  

For now, Dinner's Ready!

Not the meatiest roast, but enough for two and definitely a great addition to tomorrow's tomato sauce.

No comments: