Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Almond Butter Cookies

Dinner the past couple of nights has been old standbys and leftovers, nothing special. But I decided to make some cookies. I love cookies, but I don't like making cookies. It takes too much to make so few.


Found this "All Natural" almond butter at a local discount store - Ocean State Job Lot - a place that always has some food items that are generally not in your local big chain supermarket.  I can't resist the all natural label.

It doesn't take any genius to figure that almond butter can be used in place of peanut butter in cookies.  Used a basic peanut butter cookie recipe (one half cup each of sugar, brown sugar, butter, almond butter, one egg, one and a quarter cup of flour, 3/4 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/4 tsp salt and added a half cup of toasted almonds, a half tsp each of pure almond extract and real vanilla extract).

They passed muster with Leon who likes peanut butter.  He actually had a positive comment "they're pretty darn good.  Almost as good as peanut butter cookies."  I think they're even better with a little Nutella.

3 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Leon is a man after my own heart, I love peanut butter cookies too. And PB sandwiches. But what is nutella? You crazy Italians, always with the exotic sauces . . . grin.

Frank said...

Nutella is a hazelnut and chocolate spread, originally made in Italy, now also made in Canada. Great on graham crackers. I'm sure you can find it at your local Piggly Wiggly or H-E-B.

Russ Manley said...

Sounds good, I'll check it out sometime.