Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Mid Winter Vegetable Fix

We generally eat lots of fresh vegetables, but winter in the local grocery store does not always have appetizing specimens, a wide choice or, when the picks are both appetizing and varied, the prices are not always nice.  I don't generally shop at the big chain stores or at expensive specialty stores like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's where I'm sure the choices are better.  Anyway, I'm tired of winter squashes, yams and rutabaga and needed some veggies to lighten things up.

Say hello to stir fry.  Garlic, onion, mushroom, green pepper, celery, broccoli, snow peas and stir fried pork with and Chinese cabbage - over white rice.




Dinner's Ready!

(The veal and eggplant parmigiana may make an appearance tomorrow).

No comments: