Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow - Comfort Food - Shepherd's Pie

No barbecue tonight...


If shepherds made their pie with lamb, it would make sense, unless they were so fond of their sheep that they went for beef.  Shepherd's pie is a good comfort food.  Can anything with melted cheese  be bad?

This is one of Leon's favorites, and as such it has NO tomato sauce.  Saute ground beef with onion, season to taste.  Layer the Dutch oven with the meat, veggies (using frozen veggies here), mashed potatoes (not from a box - you all know how to make mashed potatoes) and cheese (cheddar, jack, whatever).  Pop it in the oven until the cheese melts and browns.

Photos here:








Dinner's Ready!
Plenty of leftovers.

3 comments:

Russ Manley said...

I had shepherd's pie one time at the home of a real live Englishman, so it must have been authentic. Unfortunately, like English food in general, it was utterly tasteless. There's a reason why the English are not known for their haute cuisine.

But yours looks totally scrumptious, yummmm.

Cubby said...

We made this for dinner tonight, and I couldn't wait to get online and tell you about it. It turned out GREAT!!! Greg loved it and so did I. Thanks xoxo

Frank said...

A friend who went to London brought us back a packet of "Schwartz Shepard Pie Seasoning", and I wish I had more of it. As good as it is without it, it was sensational with it. Thanks for the compliment, Cubby.