Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rachel Ray, Eat Your Heart Out

Pork Chops with Onions and Wine, 
Microwave Red Potatoes, 
Sweet and Sour Cabbage with Apples 
- for two. 


 This expedient meal was ready and on the table in less than 25 minutes.  OK, the garlic was already chopped and in the freezer.  You'll need two skillets and a microwave safe bowl.  Start your burners.  In one skillet drizzle a little olive oil and add some chopped garlic, about a clove or two for the chops; in the other skillet 2 tablespoons of butter for the cabbage.  Shred a half of a small head of cabbage or a third of a large one and add the cabbage to the skillet with the now melted butter.  Move the cabbage around, keep an eye on it; it should wilt and not burn.

Slice and add a couple of small onions to the oil and garlic and saute until the onions start to wilt and get a little brown.  Meanwhile wash three or five Red Potatoes and cut into 1/4 inch slices.  Place them in the bowl, drizzle with oil, place a pat of butter on top, salt and pepper, cover with plastic wrap.  Place in microwave set for six minutes.

Put three pork chops (one and a half each or one for the dog) in the skillet with the garlic and onions which you have to move to make room for the meat.  Keep the heat on.  Add salt and pepper.

Peel and slice an apple and add to the cabbage; add a good tablespoon of brown sugar and a sprinkle of vinegar.  Add a little water - 1/4 cup should do.  Keep stirring and lower the heat and cover.  Cook for a few minutes and turn off the heat.

Turn over the chops, let them cook another minute or so, then add 1/4 cup of red wine.  OK, the wine has been open for more than 72 hours or whatever.  Like I care.  Wine snob, I'm not.  The bottle will be served at the table too, even if we opened it two weeks ago.  Cover and simmer for another couple of minutes.

Check the potatoes...they may need another 2 minutes in the nuker.  I think that does it.


Yell, "Dinner's ready."

No comments: