Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wild Mushroom And Truffle Ravioli with Pancetta and Asparagus

Oh, I am getting SOooo LAZY!  Saw these in the Italian deli.  So they're not "homemade" from scratch.
But it was my idea to use the pancetta and asparagus.  Boiled the frozen Wild Mushroom and Truffle Ravioli.  Sautéed some pancetta in garlic olive oil with fresh ground black pepper, added the asparagus, until the veggies were cooked but still crisp.  Served it all over the ravioli with a little grated parmigiano reggiano.  Italian bread, a glass of vino bianco.  Cena e pronta!.


8 comments:

Russ Manley said...

Dio mio, Frank, you are just a fountain of recipes and improvisations. I'm totally impressed. I think you missed your calling, truly.

Russ Manley said...

PS, what the hell is pancetta?

And THRUFFLE??

Frank said...

Pancetta is a bacon, but not smoked and is in the deli counter and is sliced to order like a salami or ham. Slightly salty and good sauted with black pepper. I do like to improvise.

Frank said...

Personally, I've never seen a truffle. I understand that they are a fungus that grow underground and that they use pigs to sniff out, mostly in France, and they are like $1,000 a pound. Naturally the ravioli had only the essence of truffle or powdered truffle or something, but they were very tasty.

And - exactly what was that call I missed? Damn cell phone battery.

Russ Manley said...

LOL.

Yeah, I know what truffles are. But the box says THRUFFLE.

Catanzaro may be a good cook, but he's shit for spelling.

Frank said...

You have a sharp eye, I didn't notice. Duh. This says more about me than I care to admit.

Frank said...

On the other hand, it's Leon's fault. After 22 years reading the writing of a dyslexic, I don't notice insignificant spelling errors.

Russ Manley said...

LOL