Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Not Italian Meatballs in Gravy

Ground beef, a finely chopped onion, parsley, garlic powder, dash of nutmeg, plain bread crumbs, salt, pepper, an egg and a dollop of sour cream. Mushroom gravy made with fresh sautéed mushrooms and onion. Served with bread and veggies.  Dinner's ready.  Tasty.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

How much of each ingredient did you use? This looks so delicious!

Frank said...

I rarely measure ingredients in a dish like this. I would say about a pound of ground beef, a small onion diced, the salt, pepper, garlic, to taste; maybe half a cup of breadcrumbs. Sauté 8 ounces or so of sliced mushrooms and another small onion in some olive oil and a little butter and then put in a couple of tablespoons of flour to make a roux; add some chicken broth or even just water or little white wine and you got your gravy, I don't know exactly how much liquid may be a cup cup and a half - a little at a time until the consistency is like gravy. Have fun with it.