Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pasta e Fagioli in 15 Minutes or Less

As if there weren't enough dialects in Italy,American-Italians had to invent another one.  You've heard of Pasta Fazool? The sound of that hurts my ears.

Anyhow, here's a very quick recipe that is actually very good.  I'm not a big fan of canned soups with the large amount of sodium, corn syrup and who knows what else, but Progresso Tomato Soup is good, even if it does have some questionable ingredients.

Get some olive oil and garlic going in a skillet.

Open some cannellini beans and a can of Tomato Soup....no, no, not the Campbell's...
Boil a third to a half pound of pasta like the box says - Choose a shape that will fit in a spoon, like elbows or shells.  I swear, the shape does make a difference in the taste of any pasta dish!  I'm using shells here.
Put the can of beans into the oil and garlic, add fresh black pepper, a bit of oregano.  Heat through for a few minutes.
When the pasta is done, drain it; return it to the pot and combine it with the beans and the tomato soup.  Add some fresh basil.  Bring to a simmer for a few minutes.
Serve with grated parmigiano cheese.
Lunch is ready!

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

This dish is so good and yours looks especially see. Mmm mmm. As for "pasta fazool," it used to drive me crazy every time an Italian-American insisted to me that I wasn't pronouncing it correctly when I said "pasta e fagioli"! Fortunately, my best friend for years in NY was actually from Italy and she would just laugh.

Russ Manley said...

Sounds yummy, quick & easy too. And I'll try not to hurt your ears again.