Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Summer Salad "alla Carbonara"

Here's a quickie:

Decided to make a salad for a picnic. A pasta salad sounded good, but I hate making the traditional old elbows with a ton of mayonnaise.

Some of the items I had on hand were bow tie pasta (farfalle), boiled eggs, asparagus, pancetta, red onion, green olives, parsley, black pepper.

To the cooked pasta I added chopped red onion and cut up lightly sautéed/steamed asparagus, 4 cut up boiled eggs, black pepper and olive oil and tossed the whole thing together. Then I cut up some pancetta into square chunks and fried the pancetta in a little olive oil and garlic and fresh ground black pepper till it was chewy/crispy.

Add the pancetta to the salad along with some halved green olives and some fresh parsley. Drizzle a bit more olive oil on top and toss.

Pasta Salad alla Carbonara