Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Spinach and Gorgonzola Frittata/Omelette

Spinach was on sale this week at Discount Food Outlet. Had the eggs and gorgonzola. A little salt and pepper and served up with a toasted Portuguese roll. A light and delicious meal.


The fold-over for an omelette is always a challenge for us "impatient" types; so mine always looks more like a frittata.

(Dom DeLuise explained the difference: an omelette coddles gently over low heat in melted butter, slowly cooking, then filled and delicately folded over;  a frittata, by contrast, starts by pouring half-beaten eggs into scalding hot olive oil in a frying pan over a flame as high as you can make it and it sizzles and dances among the peppers and onions and potatoes that were already in there and just this side of burnt.)
Buon Appetito.

3 comments:

Craig said...

That looks delicious. Gorgonzola (or really any blue cheese) is a firm favourite and spinach always hits the spot.

Moving with Mitchell said...

Some of my favorite flavors. It looks SO good.

Russ Manley said...

Looks totally yum.