Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Veggies and Breaded Fish Filets and Bean Salad

OK.  So this is not one of my better meals.  But the veggies were ready a couple of weeks ago and I cooked up a pot of Swiss Chard.  Oil, garlic, leeks, jalapenos, green and red chard. Lemon optional.  Black pepper.  Dice and saute the garlic, jalapenos and leeks in olive oil.  Wash the chard well and cut into large pieces.  Add to pot and allow to wilt.


I've been shopping at Aldi's - a national chain grocery that specializes in low-cost food items.  Some of their stuff is very good.  But the fish was not quite like the package promised.  $2.49 for 8 pieces.  This was Pollock.  Product of USA.  The other frozen fish at Aldi's were product of China, which really surprised me.  Aldi does seem to have mostly US made products.



I added some whole wheat pasta to the chard and the whole thing took on an unappetizing color - mostly from the red chard.  Green chard does not bleed out.  But it did taste good.


Bean and tomato salad.  I had three or four different bean varieties - Romano, yellow, green. Wash and steam the beans till just tender.  Cool.  Add tomatoes, fresh basil, salt, pepper, olive oil and a splash of balsamic vinegar.  Makes a nice healthy salad when the lettuce is past its prime.


No comments: