Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Cookies Part Two

Today I made Aunt Margaret's Christmas Cookies.  Actually she used to make them for everything.  Christmas, New Year's, Easter, Birthdays, Mother's Day, Thanksgiving, you get the picture.

Her's were thicker and prettier than mine.  I make them thin so 1) I can get more cookies from the batch and 2) each one has fewer calories, so you can eat two.



Aunt Margaret’s Festive Italian Cookies


3 Cups Flour
2 Teaspoons baking power
½ Teaspoon salt

½ Cup sugar
¼ Pound butter
3 Eggs
1 Teaspoon vanilla

Sift first three dry ingredients together
Blend sugar and butter until creamy
Beat in eggs and vanilla
Add dry ingredients
Knead lightly
Roll out to ½ inch thick
Cut out round cookies with small cutter
(For a different shape, roll into ropes, cut and tie into knots)

Bake at 350 degrees for 10 – 12 minutes

Frosting

½ box Confectioners sugar
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp cold water or more as needed
Blend until a smooth, runny consistency is achieved
For colored frosting, divide into separate bowls add food color as desired
Frost the cookies by dipping, let dry

1 comment:

Russ Manley said...

They sure do look festive, and major yummy.