Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Friday, July 1, 2011

Lazy Leftovers

We often go out for dinner on Friday evening.  Nothing fancy, just the old standbys Blondies' for a burger or fish and chips or Chinese or pizza.  But Leon looked frazzled when he got home from work and when I mentioned going out he didn't have to say more than "If we have to" which means "I really don't want to go out".
So, last night's pasta dish became tonight's Mac and Cheese.  Made a quick roux with butter, flour, milk.  Added whatever cheeses were in the fridge including cheddar, muenster, sour cream, and parmesan (add after turning off the heat).  Pour the whole thing into a casserole with the leftover pasta with broccoli and sausage (hum, where's all the sausage?).  A little breadcrumbs on top.  Into the oven for a bit.  Dinner was ready again in no time.
It's a long weekend, so we're likely to eat out at least once.

5 comments:

Craig said...

"if we have to" LOL. That's the kind of "no" I usually give too! Leftovers look really good.
Enjoy your 4th weekend.

Moving with Mitchell said...

It looks so good. But, if you ever need some variety, I'm happy to share my mac & cheese recipe. (Or you can just look on the back of the box.)

Davis said...

Okay - so let me ask the stupid question:

I know its not proper to add Parmesan or Romano cheese when the food is still on the fire is still on, but why?

Frank said...

If you try to melt Parmesan or Romano they clump up and form a stringy mess. They will "melt" into a tomato sauce that's cooking, but not into a white sauce of butter, flour and milk if still over heat.

Davis said...

Thanks - now I get it...!