Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Thursday, January 28, 2021

My Version of Chili Con Carne

This is easy comfort food for a winter day.

Pork loin, olive oil, garlic, diced onion, diced jalapenos or chili peppers, hot pepper flakes, chili powder, oregano, canned beans, crushed tomatoes. (I use canned beans because no matter what - soaking overnight, not putting in salt, using baking soda, dry beans will NOT COOK for me. Is it the Cochiti water?)

Saute the veggies and meat in olive oil, add tomatoes and spices and beans and simmer for a couple of hours, more or less.

Serve with a good bread or over rice.

No comments: