Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Tuesday, November 10, 2020

An "Italian" Moussaka Without a Lot of Details

I spent a good number of hours in the kitchen today (but that is my normal, not an exception) making my own "Italian" version of moussaka. It took a lot longer than anticipated.

Made some breaded eggplant but was low on breadcrumbs so after dipping the slices in egg and flour I covered the tops only with breadcrumbs flavored with oregano, black pepper, garlic powder and parmigiano. Baked them on a cookie sheet rather than fried.

The ground beef and tomato sauce (finely chopped onion, celery and carrots, garlic, diced garden tomatoes and canned tomatoes, basil and parsley) simmered for more than an hour.

Put some sauce, then a layer of eggplant, then most of the sauce, than a light layer of mozzarella, then another layer of eggplant and the remaining tomato sauce.

Topped the casserole with parmegiano-bechamel sauce and bread crumbs. 

Baked it at 350 for about 45 minutes. Served with a hot Italian sausage and a loaf of homemade bread.

Leon and I ate half the casserole...had to stop, but could have eaten more.

The photos don't do it justice.



No comments: