Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Friday, August 9, 2013

Eggplant Parmigiano - No Frying

We are thankful for our garden which is producing an abundance of eggplant - tomatoes are just now coming in along with zucchini, peppers, Swiss chard, more beans and other good stuff.

We are thankful for this eggplant which earth has given and human hands have made. I've done this before but here is a brief summary: peel, slice, salt the eggplant; dredge in flour that has been seasoned; dip in egg, dip into bread seasoned crumbs; place on oiled cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 25 minutes or until tender; sprinkle with parmesan (parmigiano) - this is what makes it eggplant parmigiano; put some tomato puree or sauce on bottom of a casserole, layer  the eggplant and sauce into the casserole; top with a little mozzarella if you like; bake at 350 for another 25 minutes or until bubbling hot. Suggestion : Serve with fried sausage and peppers.




4 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

I can't believe I've been missing all your posts!!! Just thought about it and thought I'd better see what was going on. I'll get my reminder fixed... but I have been CRAVING eggplant parmigiana lately. Now it's even stronger!

Frank said...

Thanks Mitch,
I've been on hiatus more or less, not even keeping up with you or the many others I used to follow faithfully. I do catch your blog now and then, then I have to catch up on a slew of posts.

Davis said...

I just popped in too for the first time in a while - and lo and behold I have a big eggplant and thought - what should I do with it ?!

Sarah Johnson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.