Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Been Eating Re-runs

I haven't posted anything in a while because either I haven't made anything interesting/new or I just plain forgot to take photos and keep track of what I'm doing.  Have been eating chicken: roasted, stir-fried and pot-pied; roast pork, baked eggplant parmigiano, mac and cheese; (all of which I've done here before) and lots of left-overs.

Tonight I thought I was making "bubble and squeak" when I put the left-overs from the roast into the cast iron skillet, but I was apparently off by the absence of cabbage and the addition of some non-traditional veggies and there was too little potato, and it didn't brown.  So what we ended up with was left-over roast, potato and zucchini.  Oh, well, live and learn and eat.

6 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

I have been missing your food posts. Your dinner sounds much better (to me) than traditional bubble and squeak.

Davis said...

Did you use cauliflower? We always put it our B&S.

ps Still hoping you'll give us a recipe for your daube...

Frank said...

Davis,
A recipe for what?.....

Davis said...

Daube - French or Cajun style stew.

Frank said...

Davis,
Daube is not in my repertoire. The only Cajun I do (and maybe not too authentic) is Jambalaya and King Cake. Sorry.

Davis said...

Thanks, just hopin'