Well, I probably shouldn't do this, but I've started another Blog. Like I don't already spend too much time at the MacBook. As some of you might have guessed, I like to cook and I love to eat. So I thought I'd share my recipes, humble as they may be and a look at "What's for Dinner at Our House." The plan is to be discovered by the Food Network for my cooking show, which hubby has titled: "Cranky Franky's in the Kitchen".
Am I ready for critics? Probably not. I know my instructions are not always clear or precise. Let me know if something doesn't make sense. Anyhow, if you're interested, check out "Dinner's Ready"
COMMENTS APPRECIATED

Friday, February 5, 2021

Something Different for Dinner

 Sometimes when I have ingredients that need to get cooked, I have to be creative. On Wednesday I bought two cartons of 18 eggs each, not realizing I had more than two dozen at home. When I got home I decided to hard boil eight or ten of the eggs for a salad perhaps.

I also bought asparagus among other veggies. Had a half carton of sliced portabella mushrooms in the fridge....and so tonight's dinner:

Into the frypan: olive oil, one clove of garlic, four cut-up slices of prosciutto di Beretta from Costco, chopped portabella mushrooms, black pepper. 

Sautéed the mushrooms with the prosciutto and added the trimmed asparagus and cooked it briefly. Cut the hard boiled eggs in half and placed them in the pan with fresh ground black pepper, turned off the heat and covered the pan to let the asparagus steam and the eggs warm.

Sliced some homemade Italian bread, cracked open a Birra Peroni and we enjoyed a simple and very scrumptious dinner.

 Sorry, the photos are what was left in the pan after we had already dug into our plates.



And some plain bread cinnamon rolls with orange zest, walnuts and dried cranberries for dessert.


No comments: